Interactive Session on Exam Stress and Anxiety
Admin | Saturday November 9, 2019
Kerala Samajam Model School organized an interactive session for the students and parents of Std 10 and 12 with Dr. Manoj Sahoo (Psychiatrist) in the school auditorium on 09th November, 2019.
The session focused on how to handle anxiety and stress before, after and during the exam.
Some key points discussed were
- > Expectation from parents
- > Unrealistic approach from parents
- > Distraction due to Gadgets
- > Parameters for success – not good percentage but persistence
- > Aggressive nature noted during adolescence
- > Internet addiction is equivalent to substance addiction
- > One of the main causes is vulnerability – symptoms of depression
- > Self-harm tendency – impulsiveness and emotional factor
- > Recognise the suicide indication
- > Handling of responsibility by parents as well as students